Beyond the usual academic presentations at conferences and in university, I am always very keen to share my travel experiences and photographs, as well as talking to pre-university students about their options. I also welcome any invitations to speak to people (young people, students, special interest groups and clubs) about my research interests and specific aspects of it (e.g biodiversity, ecology, conservation, biodiversity; see my research pages). Please do contact me if you would like me to present on anything you see on this website or below.
Selected previous talks (non-academic – see conference talks here)
- Photographs & Travel
- Presentation of my travels and photographs from Madagascar and Kenya (2015 and 2016) to a photography club (March 2017, 2.5 hrs).
- Presentation of my travels and photographs from Greenland (2013) and Iceland (2009) to a mountaineering club (March 2016, 2.5 hrs).
- Presentation of my travels and photographs from Greenland (2013) and Iceland (2009) to a photography club (November 2015, 2.5 hrs).
- To pre-university students
- Multiple presentations at my old sixth form college to current A-level students about university generally, geography at university, and my research on biodiversity in the context of their A-level.